Nearly 90 million American’s have or will soon develop presbyopia, the most common eye condition in America. NewView Laser Eye™ is now performing NearVision CK , the first and only FDA-approved technology for improving the loss of near vision that accompanies presbyopia, the age-related condition that sets in after age 40.
You may be a candidate for NearVision CK if you:
- are tired of your reading glasses
- have difficulty reading the newspaper or other items up close
- are at least 40 years of age
- have had good distance vision for most of your life
- have no health issues affecting your eyes
- are not pregnant or nursing.
NearVision CK is Different from LASIK Surgery
With NearVision CK there is no cutting of tissue. It is usually performed on only one eye. CK uses radio waves to reshape the cornea and bring near vision back into focus. It is performed in less than 3 minutes in the doctor’s office with only eye-drop anesthesia.
Presbyopia (Greek for “aging eye”) is a progressive condition that causes near vision to fade with age. This results in images being focused behind the retina, instead of directly on the retina.
Symptoms: After age 40, people find it increasingly difficult to read, do hobby work or even see the time on a watch without the aid of magnifying reading glasses. Often the first sign of “aging eyes” is the need to reposition reading material to find the right focus.
NearVision CK uses the controlled release of radiofrequency energy, instead of a laser or scalpel, to reshape the cornea and improve near vision. This is accomplished without surgery, cutting or removal of tissue. NearVision CK is typically performed on just one eye, improving near vision in most cases without compromising the patient’s ability to see far away (binocular distance vision).
1. NearVision CK, which takes less than three minutes, is done in-office. Topical or “eye drop” anesthesia is applied to numb the eye and ensure a painless procedure
2. A circular treatment pattern is imprinted on the cornea using rinse-away ink to guide the doctor’s treatment
3. Using a probe thinner than a strand of human hair, radio waves are applied in a circular pattern to shrink small areas of collagen in the cornea.
4. The circular treatment pattern acts like a belt tightening around the cornea, increasing its overall curvature to improve near vision
RADIOFREQUENCY (RF) TECHNOLOGY
RF is one of today’s most advanced surgical technologies. In addition to its use in CK; RF technology is being used in prostate cancer therapy, back surgery, even cardiovascular procedures.
Near Vision CK Benefits
- CK uses controlled radio waves, instead of a scalpel, to change the shape of the cornea and bring near vision back into focus.
- CK is laser-free and extremely safe- no cutting or removal of tissue.
- CK is minimally invasive and painless
- CK is fast: the procedure is performed in under three minutes
- CK is easy to undergo: it is performed in the doctor’s office
Near Vision CK Results
- 98% of CK patients could see J5 (magazine and newspaper size print) in the eye that was treated at the 12 month visit
- 87% of CK patients could see 20/20 and read J3 or phonebook size print (significantly smaller than news print) 12 months after having NearVision CK
- There were NO reported serious, sight-threatening or unanticipated safety events