At NewView Eye Center, we are committed to using proven, advanced technologies to provide the very best vision results. Our combination of LASIK technologies allows us to provide customized LASIK for a safer, faster and more precise way to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
We have invested in the following technologies to plan and execute vision correction for our patients:
- iDESIGN® Refractive Studio for measuring your eye imperfections
- VISX STAR S4 IR® Excimer Laser for the cornea reshaping process
We invite you to read more about these technologies and then contact us to schedule a free LASIK Consultation. In addition to assessing your eye health during the appointment, we can also explain these technologies in more detail. Our goal is to provide you with as much education as possible so you can decide if you want to proceed with this amazing procedure.
iDESIGN® Refractive Studio for LASIK
Every individual has unique irregularities in their eyes that cause nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. Our customized LASIK vision correction process measures every hill and valley of your unique eyes with microscopic precision, maps those measurements and creates a blueprint of your eyes.
This is all achieved through our iDESIGN® Refractive Studio, the first and only topography-integrated, wavefront-guided LASIK technology available. Our doctors are able to create a truly customized treatment plan for your unique eyes based on the information gathered from this revolutionary system. Your eyes are measured inside and out using:
- Wavefront analysis to measure your optical pathway inside your eye
- Corneal topography to measure the surface of your eye
The high-definition, 3D scan that is generated of your eye is 25 times more precise than traditional methods of measuring. In just 3 seconds, the system captures over 1,200 data points including:
- Cornea shape and curvature
- Pupil diameter
- Light movement through the eye
The measurements gathered help guide our excimer laser during the actual cornea reshaping process so we can help patients achieve the very best vision results possible.
Contact us to schedule your free LASIK Consultation to learn more about iDESIGN and our other LASIK technologies in Reston, VA. You can also find out if your eyes are right for this amazing procedure.
VISX STAR S4 IR® Excimer Laser
Laser vision correction technology is truly amazing. By reshaping extremely small and precise areas of corneal tissue with an excimer laser, light entering your eye can land more directly onto your retina for clearer vision. Even if you’ve worn glasses your entire life, LASIK can upgrade your vision after a single treatment.
At NewView Eye Center we use the VISX STAR S4 IR® excimer laser system to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. We take time to fully explain how this technology works and why it is considered one of the most advanced laser technology platforms on the market today. Here is a general overview of the benefits:
- Personalized, precise treatment: the VISX STAR S4 IR laser system uses digital 3D information about your own unique eye characteristics gathered during WaveScan measurements to correct specific areas on your cornea.
- Safety – Iris Recognition (IR): eye tracking technology is incorporated to compensate for any involuntary eye movements which halt the process entirely until the eye is in the correct position.
- Quickness and comfort: the process takes just minutes to complete so the process is comfortable for most patients.
- Results: most patients achieve better vision after treatment than what they had wearing glasses or contact lenses – often 20/20 vision or better. This is because the system creates a fingerprint of your cornea so incredibly detailed information can be used for specific corneal reshaping.
Not all LASIK doctors in Reston, VA, offer this level of LASIK technology. If you are considering LASIK, make sure you do your research and learn about the different types of FDA-approved LASIK technology that exist so you can make an informed decision about which one is right for you.
The best way to learn about the VISX STAR S4 IR laser system and find out if your eyes are right for this technology is by scheduling a no-obligation free LASIK Consultation with us today.